Sunday, October 12, 2008

Grandpa Don Comes for a Visit!

Grandpa Don FINALLY came for a visit! We kept it a surprise from the kiddos which was a lot harder than I expected! I don't know how many times I spouted something off about his visit without thinking! Matt's favorite mess-up of mine was when we were all in the car on the way to church. I asked in my normal voice, "which service should we take dad to next week?" And very quickly, I followed up with, "And answer a lot more quietly than I asked!" OOPS. The kids never caught on, and it was a fun surprise. Of course they asked where Grandma Trish was, but she was unable to come along this time. My dad visited with us, then traveled to Houston for business, and then headed to Amarillo to spend time with Jacinda's family too. I keep begging mom and dad to move this way! I think one day they'll come around!

We took dad up to the LBJ Ranch Sunday afternoon. They had so many things to see and do, and the kids really had a great time filling out a park form to get their Junior Ranger badge. The following pictures are taken at the Living History Farm. This is a working farm where people come and work each day, dressing and doing things as they did years ago. Everything is done without electricity and the meals they make over a wood-burning stove. The girls were asked to look for eggs and take them into the kitchen for cooking! They thought that was pretty neat.
This picture of Tyler was taken in one of the visitor buildings there at the LBJ National Park.




1 comment:

ChoosingJoy said...

Oh my goodness...I remember visting the LBJ Ranch and the living farm when I was little! My grandparents lived in that area of Texas...Marble Falls....do you know where that is?