Friday, August 15, 2008

A Grand Idea!

Matt and I have great dreams of things we would love to do around the house. An idea that I tried to poo-poo as long as I could finally took off as Matt finds it to be so important! I think of things like...new light fixtures, changing out the door knobs that drive me crazy, painting! But after months of trying to talk him out of a back patio...I finally just gave in! I said...'if it will stop you from talking about it so much...then just get it over with!' So...he got started immediately of course! I don't know if it's really wanting a back patio so much as wanting to talk about it with the two other guys at work that are doing the same thing at their homes! And as much as I would like to spend this money on other things around the house, this project definitely has it's benefits. BBQ's outside with a nice area to sit! Just having a relaxing evening under the grand Texas sky! A better area to entertain! I am excited for what Matt's dream will bring. Here are a few pictures of his hard work so far!

Now...here you'll see him laying the forms...and this is the part where he's now ready to quit the project! So funny! But...I'm not going to live with a pile of dirt in the backyard!

Oh...and now I'll mention too...if we're going to have a big patio like this...can we please cover it with a nice roof. We'll put ceiling fans and lights underneath it...and maybe one day a flat screen t.v. to watch a few Spurs games, or some great baseball! Don't we just love dreams!

2 comments:

Collin said...

I remember how much fun planning our patio was as well. actually doing it was fun to until we had to haul wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow of cement cause our house had 5 feet between it and our neighbors.

Have fun finishing the project.

Kelly said...

I love it! All your dreams for the back patio! Haha! So glad that you guys are liking Texas!