Matt and I look at our kids so often and make comments that they couldn't possibly be ours! Where has the time gone? When they were infants, I wished the time away! I just wanted the day to come when they would be done with school and getting out of our home! Times are tough when you have three babies under three. I truly went crazy. Though they are starting to become hormonal...I just want time to stop now. I cry when I see kids graduating from high school! I cry because I know how fast time has brought us to this point, and I now know that tomorrow, they will be graduating and moving on with their lives. I guess it was just yesterday, that my parents were in this place with me. It's amazing when, as a child, I just wanted to 'grow-up'...my mom would tell me to just enjoy my time as a child...but you don't seem to fully understand that until you reach adulthood. I now have to tell my kids the same thing...knowing full-well that they too will not fully understand it...until they too reach adulthood...and the pattern will then continue.
Sadie is now nine years old. She is bright. She loves music. She locks herself in her room with her radio blaring, yet we can still hear her voice over the music. She loves her friends, and her friends love her. I went to the school to have a special lunch with her, and everyone wanted to sit by her. If I walk through the school with her, everyone passing seems to know her. She is a light. She is a joy. She is emotional. She can go from being on top of the world to thinking the world all is crashing down on her. I am so lucky that I have the opportunity to raise her. She is a blessing from God. Happy 9th Birthday Sadie.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sadie!
~C
I remember telling mom the same thing...I just wanted to grow up so fast. It is sad that time goes by so quickly with our kiddos. I can't believe my little Sadie is
"9" already. She is a wonderful girl (even if she did get the "Jacinda" gene).
Post a Comment